Monday, January 2, 2017

Danny O'day Ventriloquist Dummy Spotted at Goodwill!!!


Check out what I found!!!! Jimmy Nelson's Danny O'day doll. I spotted him sitting behind the counter. He was for sale for $29.00!!!!!!  I decided not to buy him.  But I thought it was super cool to find him sitting behind the counter😀


For Sale for $29.00!!!!!



History behind the doll:
The character was created by famous television ventriloquist Jimmy Nelson back in the 40s. He had a doll named "Dummy Dan" The doll was designed and crafted by Frank Marshall, one of the most famous ventriloquist doll makers in the US.

Before they even made it to stardom the "Dummy Dan" doll was starting to show signs of wear. Nelson asked Marshall to make another, but as they were hand-made the new one didn’t quite match. Nelson kept the original and turned the new doll into a new character...and "Danny O'day" was born!

Jimmy Nelson and his Danny O’day ventriloquist doll first appeared on TV in the 1950's. They used to advertise Nestlé products such as Nestlé Quik alongside Farfel the dog, another Nelson character.


The doll I spotted behind the counter was probably made in the 60's or 70's.  You never know what you will find thrifting!!! "Happy Hunting My Friends".

What cool things have you found?  I would love to hear about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment