Saturday, December 31, 2016

Doll Hair Repair Gone Wrong

I am a newbie to doll repair.  Everything is brand new to me.  This new hobby of mine will be a lot of trial and error lol.

I have been working on fixing Rapunzel's hair.  When I got Rapunzel her hair was dirty, had marker ink in it, and was matted.

Recap of Rapunzel:

  1. Thrift Store Rescue doll
  2. Washed and combed out her hair
  3. Tried the "Downy Dunk"
  4. Attempted to "Boil Wash" her hair......
Boil Washing:

Dipping the dolls hair in hot water is supposed to soften and straighten the hair.  There are a lot of tutorials online about how to do it.

I decided to give it a try.  I boiled some water and dipped Rapunzel's hair.  You are only supposed to dip it for a second and take it out of the water right away.  I dipped for a second or so longer than recommended.....


I accidentally melted and fried some of her hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Picture after washing Rapunzel's hair

Picture during and after "Downy Dunk"


Pictures after "Boil Washing"




And a picture after her hair dried.......

Maybe Rapunzel will get re-wigged after all? Hmmmmm.....? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment